Sunday, September 19, 2010

Corn Zeppole


A few weeks ago I was browsing recipes while trying to find out what to do with my 16 ears of corn. I came across a great site I'd never looked at before called Food52. This site is a collection of recipes submitted by all sorts of people from around the world. The editors pick the most popular recipes in each category to go up for a vote. Members in the Food52 community then vote on their favorite dish in each category. The winning recipes go into a cookbook. What a cool idea!

So,in my browsing for corn recipes I came across a recipe for corn zeppole. Being a lover of the original sweet version, I decided it was something I had to try. I got a few weird looks when I was standing in the kitchen frying dough (I don't fry often), but after the weird looks, people slowly started trying them and loved them!
I'm going to link to the recipe on Food52. The only changes I will make the next time I try these is adding a bit more pancetta and corn so there's some in every bite.

A




No comments:

Post a Comment