Thursday, September 16, 2010

Monster Cookies

Do you love cookies? If so, this cookie is probably for you. Monster cookies are basically peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookies all combined into one cookie. Ingredients include peanut butter, oatmeal, M&Ms, chocolate chips, and Reese's Pieces. I think they're called monster cookies because of the insane amount of calories they contain (no, I haven't added it up, I'm too scared to).

Today I was craving something sweet with peanut butter, but couldn't think of anything to make. If I had powdered sugar, I probably would have made something like chocolate peanut butter bars or a peanut butter pie, but I didn't, so I made something I did have the ingredients for - monster cookies!

The first time I had this insane creation was 7-8 years ago when my friend came over to my house with a big batch. Back then I saved her recipe in my special recipe binder, but I can't find the binder right now. I know I had it last week? Anyways, I found a nice substitute recipe on the Food Network site from Paula Deen. I will say I was a bit skeptical for a minute when the recipe had no flour in it, but they turned out wonderful!

I changed the ingredients slightly, but the base recipe is from Paula. This makes a big batch so I suggest freezing some or lining up people to give them to!

Monster Cookies

3 eggs
1 1/4c packed light brown sugar
1c sugar
1/2t salt
1/2t vanilla
12oz creamy peanut butter
1 stick butter, softened
1/2c M&Ms
3/4c chocolate chips (milk or semisweet, whatever you prefer)
1/2c Reese's Pieces
2t baking soda
4 1/2c quick-cooking oats (not instant)

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line cookie sheets with baking mat or parchment paper.
2. Using a stand up mixer or a hand mixer (can do by hand as well but it's not very easy), cream together the butter and sugars. Add the peanut butter. Then, add in the vanilla, baking soda, and eggs.
3. Mix in the oats, chocolate chips, and candies by hand.
4. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes. Make sure not to overbake. Leave the cookies on the tray for a few minutes before you transfer to a cooling rack.

Just so you know, this dough is very very sticky!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment