Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Sangria

Last night was tapas night at our house. I think the spread was impresssive because everyone pulled out the phones to take photos of the food. Unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of the food (I think I was just hungry?) so the tapas recipes are on hold for a bit, but I snapped a photo of the sangria!

Lovely, fruity, boozy, delicious sangria. I'm not a big drinker, but I can't turn down a glass when sangria is on offer. Sometimes I think I should live in Spain with my tapas, chorizo, and sangria obsession...I guess a girl can always dream.

Anyways, not a lot to say about this fabulous invention (is it an invention?) without sounding like a completely obsessed boyband fan, so this entry will be short and sweet. Drink recipe and photos.
Make sure to save a glass for me!

Sangria

4 oranges, cut 1 into slices, juice the others (can use blood oranges too mmm)
1 lemon, cut into slices
1 lime, cut into slices
1 bottle of red wine, I like pinot noir for this
1/4c sugar (superfine if you can get it)
ice for serving

1. Juice the oranges straight into a large pitcher, pour in the wine and dump in the sugar. Stir around until the sugar is dissolved. Add in the sliced fruit and chill. Serve over ice if you prefer to have it straight away.

Enjoy!
A

No comments:

Post a Comment