Monday, August 30, 2010

Cheddar, Pancetta & Green Onion Muffins

This weekend I packed up and headed to the family cabins. The whole family went to enjoy the outdoors (it was sooo hot), pick fruit, berries, and all the produce in our huge garden there. My aunt and I are usually in charge of food for everyone (we're the only ones who can actually cook). On Friday, I sat for a few hours trying to figure out what to make, and then I remembered the muffins. I saw this recipe in a magazine back in July, and I've been thinking about it ever since. I finally had a reason to make them.

I'm not sure why the magazine I got this recipe from called these muffins, they're much more like scones to me. Maybe it's some weird British food magazine thing that I'm compeltely unaware of? I don't know. What I do know is: 1. these are good, and 2. they're really easy to make!

Sorry there's no photo for this recipe, I forgot my camera!

Cheddar, Pancetta & Green Onion Muffins
recipe from Delicious magazine


12.5oz self-rising flour
1T sugar
1/2t salt
3fl oz vegetable or canola oil
2 large eggs
1 1/4c buttermilk
1/4lb pancetta, finely diced
1/4lb mature cheddar, diced
1 bunch green onions, finely sliced

Serve to guests while they enjoy drinking and waiting for dinner, give to friends, use as part of your brunch buffet, or enjoy them with dinner. I put them in a basket on the counter for everyone as they came and went, and they were gone by the end of the day.

A

No comments:

Post a Comment