Thursday, August 19, 2010

Watermelon Agua Fresca

The garden is overflowing with watermelon! Every year we plant melon, and every year they fail to grow. This year my aunt decided to plant extra watermelon thinking something would have to grow. For some reason they all decided to take off and we have tons! I have one in my fridge and 4 sitting on the counter! Everyone is over watermelon, so I decided to take it upon myself to make something with it.

So far I've made popsicles, salsa (recipe soon), and agua fresca. I don't think the agua fresca was a big hit in my family. I gave a glass to my grandmother and she said "I always make sure to drink my watermelon juice after I'm done eating the melon". In grandma speak that means she's not impressed. My aunt called it "watermelon juice" and my little cousins dumped it in the sink! I'm not sure what's wrong with them because I swear this is delicious!

Please try it if you have some watermelon, and then tell me it's really good! The rest of my "watermelon juice" will be used for alcoholic drinks! No one will turn down boozey drinks.

You can use any type of melon to make this, not just watermelon.

Watermelon Agua Fresca

1/2 large watermelon
2c water
3T honey
2 limes, juiced

1. Put 1c of water in a blender along with half of the watermelon. Blend and strain to remove all the pulp. Repeat with the rest of the water and melon.
2. Stir in the honey and lime juice.
3. Serve chilled and over ice (can use frozen melon balls as ice).

A

No comments:

Post a Comment