Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sausage, Peppers, & Onion Pasta

Today I went out to the garden to see what was ready. I came back in almost an hour later with a bucket of tomatoes, a bucket of potatoes, a grocery bag full of banana peppers, and a few onions and bell peppers. The onions and peppers will be put to use today and tomorrow. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with all the tomatoes, so I'm sure you'll see something with those soon. Salsa, maybe? I decided to make a quick and simple dish that I've made many times before. I guess I've been craving it a bit, too.

Sausage, peppers, and onion pasta is a dish I made for the old blog, but I've updated it and added some new things. I think I've also sped up the cooking process to make it a quick meal for a weeknight dinner.

Depending on portion size (are you big eaters?) this will feed 6-8 people.


Sausage, Peppers, and Onion Pasta

1lb bulk sweet italian sausage (can use spicy if you want)
3 garlic cloves, finely diced or put through garlic press
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
6T butter
arugula (I used a few handfuls)
1lb pasta (I used mini farfelle)
tt S&P

1. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Set aside 1/4c of pasta water.
2. Break up the sausage and place in a saute pan with about 1/2c of water. Cook until all the water has evaporated.
3. Add in the garlic and cook until you smell it. Then, add the peppers and onions. Cook until soft and all the liquid has evaporated.
4. Add 1/4c reserved pasta water and butter to the sausage and veggie mixture. Stir until the butter is completely melted.
5. Toss with the pasta and arugula.

I serve this with white wine to drink and crusty bread for everyone to tear pieces off. This is always a hit at my house!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment